Wednesday, July 9, 2014

NEST Fragrances Lemongrass & Ginger Home Fragrance Collection

NEST Fragrances has a new Home Fragrance Collection, Lemongrass & Ginger. When I first saw it at Facebook, I had an immediate sensory reaction: Asian food. I had no idea whether I would like that combination in a home fragrance, even though I love both ingredients in food. I was confused.

Then, last week, I received a sampling of the products from NEST as a gift. Was I excited as I unpacked the box! I could smell the most divine scent emanating through the packing peanuts. I had a July 4 present - and was I happy! Many thanks to PR for thinking of me.

In addition to lemongrass and ginger, NEST added an herbal infusion of eucalyptus, thyme, and sage to the blend. It is fresh and clean. The overall effect is citrus, but it has a slight earthy side to remind us that the notes - the central ingredients - all grew from the earth (and some are adored by wild bunnies).

I have burned the Lemongrass & Ginger Classic Candle ($34) in the collection for a short time so far. I have to be careful because curious Charlie could possibly tip a burning candle over - even though it's heavy and bottom-centered. He's a muscular furboy. So I stay in the room in which the candle is burning.

I was sitting in my bedroom reading a Kindle book and enjoying the freshness of the candle, which was invigorating and actually the only thing keeping me awake. I'll tell you about the book sometime. It should have been interesting since it was related to beauty over 50, but it was a dud (in my humble opinion). The candle gave me an opportunity to revel in a daydream of foreign lands and exotic fragrances.

I have to admit I haven't used the Lemongrass & Ginger Reed Diffuser ($38) yet. I adore NEST's diffusers, but I think my mother adores them just as much. I'll have to decide whether I'm generous enough to give it to her. She has an advantage: my love for her. Her age trumps me too. I did take a sneak whiff of the diffuser and had a transporting moment. I can always buy one for me and give Mom my gift. Right?

Now, I have to share that I live with NEST's Liquid Soap ($22). I have one in the bathroom, one in the powder room, and one in the kitchen at all times. I rotate through the various scents because I love all of them. I'll also tell you about one of my little secrets. Occasionally, NEST has special discount offers (some through magazines, e.g., Lucky), and I always stock up when that happens. I'd pay full price, but I love discounts. Make sure to follow NEST on Facebook, where you may learn about special offers.

The new Lemongrass & Ginger Liquid Soap is currently residing in my kitchen. I moved the Sicilian  Tangerine that had been there upstairs to the bathroom because my Moss & Mint had hit bottom. Lemongrass & Ginger is a perfect scent for a kitchen soap. I wash my hands frequently, and the fresh scent is perfect for food preparation. Suddenly, opening cat food just became more pleasurable. I can clean up the bits that stuck to my hands with Lemongrass & Ginger.

I have always been a huge fan of home fragrance. I think it's a necessity of life, not just a luxury. Once I discovered NEST (I had known Laura Slatkin's earlier brand), I had an abundance of choices. By rotating them, I've always have a new scent in my life - even if it might have passed through a year before. Then, with new introductions a few times every year, I'm always happy with the way my house smells - and looks. NEST's products are elegant and enhance the decor, no matter where they are placed.

My next in the rotation? Beach. It's perfect for this time of year. Beach captures the essence of sparkling turquoise water and lush coconut married with juicy melon and a luminous base of lotus flower and sensual woods. It's divine. There is a Beach Room Spray that I could purchase to instantly turn my house into an oceanfront paradise. It will be perfect for August.

You can find the new Lemongrass & Ginger Collection at NEST Fragrances' Web site, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and select Nordstrom stores. Take a look and let us know what you think of Lemongrass & Ginger. You may end up as devoted as I've quickly become.

Photos courtesy of NEST Fragrances

3 comments:

Nemo said...

You introduced me to NEST & I love it! Love the name, too. Meanwhile, my new CHANEL Les 4 Ombres eye quads just arrived, all 9 of the little loves, plus the 4 new waterproof pencils. Oh, Cg, they are beyond exquisite! Like you with your NEST, I couldn't be happier with my new CHANEL! Here's to beauty, whether you can smell it or wear it or both!

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I got my Chanel today too. Exquisite! I will be taking photos ASAP.

roxymisha said...

I love lemongrass and ginger in candles and washes which I have used from brands other than NEST. Like beauty products, I have an incredible passion and zest for home fragrances. If I need a pick-me-up and I am not in the mood for selecting beauty products, I will always opt for a candle or something similar. Pure joy!