Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Guerlain Terracotta Summer 2014 Collection

I showed you Joli Teinte Beautifying Foundation from Guerlain's Summer 2014 Terracotta Collection. There is more, though, and you must go shopping prepared!

Included in the collection are a Terracotta Brush, Terracotta Sunless, and a limited-edition Terracotta After Sun Cream. Let's start with the Terracotta Brush ($42), which you can see on my photo of the display. It's at bottom left.

This brush is the perfect ally for creating a smooth, perfectly tanned complexion. Its ultra-soft natural bristles are red, like those used by Guerlain make-up artists, and evoke the warmth of a sunset. The convenient and elegant travel size slips into any handbag for touch-ups during the day, carefully protected in its bronze velvet pouch with a magnetic closure.

Terracotta Sunless ($53) is a 2-in-1 self-tanning gel that delivers a veil of moisture and sun-kissed color to the entire body. Incredibly simple to apply, it melts into the skin. Within one hour, the skin is perfectly bronzed and stays that way for up to four days. This intensely nourishing formula contains a subtle blend of self-tanning DHA and 100% natural organic argan oil rich in polyphenols and moisturizing fatty acids. Terracotta Sunless creates the look of a beautiful, even tan with the feel of smooth, satiny skin.

The limited-edition Terracotta After Sun Cream ($53) is calling me. Because tanned skin is even more beautiful when it is intensely hydrated, Guerlain is offering its first exclusive Terracotta after-sun care, boasting the Tan Booster Complex to enhance and intensify bronzed skin. Formulated with precious ingredients of natural origin and infused with the scent of the tiare flower, Terracotta After Sun completely hydrates, softens, and soothes skin from the effects of the sun. I don't tan, but I love moisture in any form. I totally adore the tropical scent of tiare. I think I will be calling my favorite Guerlain Boutique tonight. It's limited; I've decided I need it.

The key ingredients...
  • Cupuacu butter - this Amazonian treasure belongs to the same family as cocoa and is renowned for its exceptional ability to retain water in the skin.
  • Camellia oil and jojoba seed oil - this cocktail of oils with antioxidant properties works in perfect synergy to hydrate and protect the skin, while helping it to rebuild its hydrolipid film (the skin's natural protective barrier).
Sounds exceptionally nice, doesn't it?  The full Terracotta Collection is available at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, Sephora. and Bergdorf Goodman. Will you be shopping?

Photo at top by Best Things in Beauty' other photos courtesy of Guerlain

6 comments:

Eileen said...

The new Teint Jolie is so pretty and gives a lovely warmth to the skin that will have people saying, "Que tu as bonne mine!" I have the feeling it is going to be my summer go-to for day wear. As for the repromoted bronzers, I'm holding out for the Terracotta Sun Celebration bronzer and the coral Gloss D'Enfer in Nahema Smack that will be coming out a bit later. They're gorgeous! Guerlain certainly knows how to celebrate summer.

Kiss & Make-up said...

I don't have a good bronzer brush yet, but I think I may have found it now. And I won't lie, the color of the bristles helps... :-)

*JW* said...

Since I already have the Terracotta Bronzing Powder, I decided that I had to have that great looking brush. According to Neiman Marcus, it should arrive on my doorstep late this afternoon. Can't wait! Thanks for your wonderful blog. Judy

Unknown said...

Do you think this brush is better than Guerlain's Meteorites brush? I find that brush to be a bit rough on my face.

Meredith said...

I just checked out this brush at Nordstrom's today. IMO it seems softer than the Meteorites brush but I certainly would not describe it as super or ultra soft, no way. It's OK but if you are looking for fabulously soft brushes, you must get Chikuhodo or Suqqu, both Japanese. Hard to get and expensive but with these, the higher the price the nicer the nice. Hakuhodo also makes some very soft brushes and they have a showroom in Torrance, CA that you can play with all of them. I have found that Shiseido makes some very nice brushes for reasonable prices. There's another option to check out.

Unknown said...

Thanks Meredith.