Monday, March 3, 2014

Clé de Peau Beauté La Bohème Collection for Spring-Summer 2014

This month, Clé de Peau Beauté and its Makeup Creative Director Lucia Pieroni introduce a color collection inspired by a free-spirited, romantic beauty look. The "La Bohème Collection" fuses the wild and unconventional ethos of a Bohemian beauty with chic sophistication, creating a collection that celebrates the women of today," said Pieroni.

The Luminizing Face Enhancer ($95 with case) shown at the top of this feature is a new shade, Delicate Pink (#14), that combines soft tones of pale pink and luminous white to deliver natural color and a healthy lit-from-within glow to the complexion. Just dust the powder over the high points of your face to create a natural, radiant contour.

Two Eye Color Quads ($80 with case) were inspired by the hues of romantic peaches and plums. These new colors create a youthful yet bold softness around the eye area. Argan tree oil and exclusive Hydro-Wrap Complex keep the colors in place and moisturize for long-lasting wear. The velvety formulation and matte finish offer many possibilities for varying your look. Peach Brown (#211) is shown above. Plum Brown (#212) is shown below.

I am really looking forward to trying these new palettes. I'm accustomed to some gleam in my Clé de Peau colors, so I want to see how the company translates matte.

There are three lustrous, limited-edition Enriched Lip Luminizers ($60 with case). Sweetie Pie (#224) is shown above. Toffee Apple (#225) is shown directly below.

The third shade is Fabulous Fig (#226). All three shades are gorgeous. Infused with Clé de Peau Beauté's unique color complex technology and skin-care benefits, the Lip Luminizer formula harnesses light and increases radiance. I love it. The exclusive Hydro-Wrap Complex EX seals color pigments for maximum hydration benefits and long-lasting wear. Fabulous Fig is shown directly below.

You have the option to buy refills, rather than the cases, for each new item. I usually buy the refills to save money. That works perfectly, except for the lip colors, which are hard to use without the cases.

These stunning new colors are at Neiman Marcus counters. Nordstrom is expecting them shortly. They can also be found at Barneys, Bergdorf Goodman, and select Saks Fifth Avenue stores. I think I need one of everything.

Photos courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté

8 comments:

Eileen said...

I've been anticipating the release of La Bohème for months and was thrilled when the SA from Nordstrom called me to say it had finally arrived. I drove in and scooped up the highlighting powder in Delicate Pink and the eyeshadow quad in Plum Brown. I bought refills which dramatically cut the cost. I never carry highlighter or eyeshadow in my purse so the refills in their sturdy plastic cases is just fine. I do have one highlighter case and one quad case, though, should I want to take them with me when I travel, but 99.9% of the time they stay in my cosmetic drawers at home where they don't need to impress anyone :-) What's important is the extraordinary beauty and superb quality of the products themselves. CdP's got that down pat. La Bohème is a gorgeous and delicate springtime collection.

Unknown said...

CG, I too look forward to the matte palette. I have several eyeshadow palettes, so I would opt for the refill as well. The highlighter looks lovely too. How many highlighter does one person need? So far I haven't discovered that answer. I truly love the Vintage Highlighter Palettes. They are works of art.

Anonymous said...

Love this collection! Although I am in love with Cle de Peau in general. When I use their products (skincare and makeup), this is the line that makes me feel Beautiful and special. And I am so happy I found it for myself. Sometimes, when I feel stressed out , I just reach for luminizing face enhancer and put a little bit of it on my face and...oh I am in Heaven. Anyway, I got both eyeshadows, 2 lip colors (did not get sweet fig), and OF Course Luminizer in Delicate Pink. I own all 4 of them. And my fave is #11 and #14 at the moment. But I love to use them all. I think if you have all four (and I have cases for all of them, crazy me:), you will not need any other luminizer ever (but that is just my opinion:)). Cle de Peau just makes me happy and really helps me to be my best every day. I am always looking forward to use their products. And thank you Eileen for mentioning wicked blush from TF that goes well with this collection. I actually was thinking now for a while of getting it (I own only frantic pink), so now I have a good reason to get it. I am looking forward to see what will be your picks from this collection CG.

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

I love how pretty this collection looks. I've been coveting the illuminating powder and sweetie pie luminizer :)

Eileen said...

Hi Anonymous,

Yes, Wicked looks beautiful with Plum Brown and Frantic Pink would look gorgeous with the warmer toned Peach Brown. See? I just gave you reason to buy both quads as well as Wicked! LOL What I particularly like about pairing a TF blush with the quads is that TF's blush has a subtle luminosity that works well with the overall satin matte appearance of the quads. I was so surprised when I saw the quads with their soft matte and barely there shimmer shades as that has not been the norm with the quads in this series. I'm not a shimmer-phobe by any means, but it was nice to see something so soft for spring. In fact, I called the CdP SA this afternoon and told her I had reconsidered about the Peach Brown and to please send it out. Both quads have colors that can be more or less duped, but definitely not the CdP quality.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen! Thank you! Yes , I really love this collection a lot. These eyeshadow palettes are my favorite at the moment, even among my other Cle de peau shadows. They look so natural yet very very pretty. I saw yesterday a video on cle de peau facebook, how Lucia Perroni puts a look together...very nice. In one of the look she was using blush #4, so I need to get that one now as well too:)))

Christina said...

I can't wait to see the eyeshadows. I got very tired of their shimmery eyeshadows.
As for the colour selections, I hope it is great for very pale skin with a touch of warm undertone and great for blue eyes :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Christina! It is great indeed for very pale skin with a touch of warm and for blue eyes. Because that is exactly my type. Beautiful collection, I can not get enough of it, very happy with it. You are going to love it:)!