Saturday, March 15, 2014

Chanel Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour in Fleurie from the Jardin de Camélias Collection

On my second "roll" through Chanel's online-exclusive Jardin de Camélias Collection, I ordered Fleurie (#139), a limited-edition Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour ($34) that I had resisted on my first spree. I was afraid the color would be too saturated, too intense for my tastes. Was I wrong! I'm glad I took a chance on Fleurie.

It is a beautiful pink, and it had the perfect shine and finish for me to wear when I want to emphasize my lips but not lead with them. Described by Chanel as the next generation of Rouge Allure, Fleurie dresses lips with "unmistakable attitude. A new formula with concentrated, ultra-thin pigments offers radically intense, long-wearing colour with full coverage and a satin finish. Leaves lips supple and protected with lasting comfort." I'm actually wondering if those ultra-thin pigments offer the transparency I see in this full-coverage lipstick.

Take a look at the lipstick. I took this photo in late-day sun.  The color looks a bit flat because of the dwindling light. I did find some good spots for swatch photos. I think they show the color well.

Look at this bright pink! It's cool - but not too cool - on my lips, but might be warmer on women with different coloring. The finish is satin, but it shines in direct light. It has a lot of life.

I'm thrilled with Fleurie. I'll be wearing it this spring, if spring ever comes. The weather forecasters are predicting up to six inches of snow, starting tomorrow and ending Monday. Snow on St. Patrick's Day? Heresy!

As you know by now, the Jardin de Camélias Collection exclusive to Chanel online, and Fleurie is a limited-edition shade. I think it's worth a purchase if you look pretty in pink.

I ordered the rest of the lip glosses from the collection, but I have not been able to get photos yet. Stay tuned.

Photos at top courtesy of Chanel; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

AnneD said...

Hi CG! I love Fleurie and I am very tempted, especially since I am going to NM probably tomorrow to get foundation. My need though is a lip primer or something to keep lipstick from crawling all over my face! I have tried just about everything and just have to resort to nude colors or gloss which does nothing for my face (I need color!) Any recommendation?

My Beauty Québec said...

This collection will be available in Canada in May, I can't wait to see it!! I think I might fall for this lippy ;)

Lisa said...

Fleurie looks amazing! Thank you so much for the review!

Anonymous said...

Fran says;
AnneD have you tried using a softer lip liner all over the lips and then putting another lipstick or gloss on top. The pencil grabs and will act as a base. Another way is to put a matte lipstick on like the Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet and then put a bit of the Coco Shine on the bottom centre and top centre of the lips to add comfort.

Kiss & Make-up said...

Fleurie looks gorgeous! It's definitely the kind of shade I'd wear.

Quirky Busy Beauty said...

CG- I've seen a lot of comparisons between Fleurie and Tom Ford Paradiso, but they tend to be from bloggers with deeper skintones. As a fellow pale beauty, how do the two compare on you?

Charlestongirl said...

Quirky,

The two are VERY different. Paradiso is much more saturated and opaque, and it is signficantly warmer. Like a watermelon color, maybe.

Fleurie is semi-transparent, and it has a lot of blue in it on my skin/lips.

Both shine about the same.

AnneD said...

Thanks Fran, I was thinking there might be something that would fill in those lines around my mouth. They are like little channels and the lip color travels down them. I do try to use a liner but that usually bleeds also. I just love lip color and I will try some of the Allure Velvet and Coco Shine.

Bozena said...

AnneD, try to apply concealer around your lips. I've been using FusionBeauty IllumiCover for this purpose. It subtly highlights, makes the lip edge sharper, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles around my mouth. I never leave house without it :)