Monday, November 25, 2013

Clarins The Essentials Eye Palette for Holiday 2013

Look at this beautiful, limited-edition The Essentials Eye Palette ($45) for Holiday 2013! Does it remind you of Urban Decay's Naked Palettes? It does me, although I find it much more desirable than the original.

This holiday season, take your look from day to night with Clarins' gorgeous eye shadow palette that includes 10 harmonious neutral shades in matte, satin, and pearl finishes. By purchasing The Essentials Eye Palette, you will help support Clarins’ initiative to preserve the Brazilian Kuntanawa culture and ecosystem by planting 10,000 trees known for their medical and cosmetic properties.

Living in the Amazon rain forest, the Kuntanawa Indian community wants to return to its ancestral lands thanks, in particular, to the revenue generated by reforestation and sustainable forest management. However, they have extremely limited means for replanting trees on their land. This project - and those like it - will help bring immense environmental benefits in terms of biodiversity and the preservation of ecosystems. The objective is to plant thousands of forest trees that will enable the Indian community to diversify their sources of revenue, of course, but also to promote biodiversity and soil regeneration on their land. In this way, they will be able to revive their land while helping to protect the planet and combat global warming.

My eyes lit up when I saw this palette. I can't wait to purchase one, probably at Bloomingdale's or Nordstrom, my two best Clarins sources. I love it when beauty companies give back to the environment, and I applaud Clarins for the excellent philanthropic choice. I'd like to support it. I'm thinking of purchasing one for me and one for a holiday gift. Who wouldn't love to receive The Essentials?

Photo courtesy of Clarins

13 comments:

Anna R said...

What a lovely palette! I will definitely purchase one for myself as well as one for a gift. The worthy cause is a great bonus. These palettes are great to travel with...I can't wait to see swatches!!
Stay safe, there is crazy weather coming!

Jessica said...

Yeah it looks like Urban decay. Love the color for they seem light and natural on skin. This will be def included in my wishlist.

uzzy76 said...

I bought already one for me and I think it's a great deal because all of the ten eyeshadows are soft and silky and for neutrals lovers this palette contains just the right colours for an everyday look with lots of combinations!!!!!
I highly recommend!! Also the quality of the powders all are mineral eyeshadows and they are so gently on the eyelids!!!
It could be also a wonderful present!!!

Clarisse said...

Hi Charlestongirl! I agree with you and uzzy76! It is indeed a wonderful palette worth having.It reminds one of the Urban DEcay ones but I find Clarins'quality is more classy, the shades beautifully silky: it is a must:-) By the way Clarins is famous for being engaged in Nature's preservation and using as many natural ingredients as possible: they were pioneers when nobody would talk about it yet....

Sandra Salin said...

OK, I'm glad I saw this before going marketing. I'll have to stop by the Clarins counter. Lovely.

roxymisha said...

Yes, it is a gorgeous palette. So many companies have been 'copying' the NAKED palettes. This would be a beautiful holiday gift.

Niki

roxymisha said...

Yes, it is a gorgeous palette although I have not seen it in person. So many companies have been 'copying' and putting their own stamp on the NAKED palettes. This would be a beautiful gift.

Niki

Mamavalveeta03 said...

This palette whispers, "Woman," whereas Urban Decay shouts, "Girl!"
(Sappy comparison, but I love the subtlety of the Clarins palette)

My Beauty Québec said...

Waouw! Buy makeup and support a humanitarian cause? why hesitate? I would rather buy this one than Naked 3, for sure!

angusmum1 said...

I have been trying to get this for a while now, its always a struggle to find products where I live. Great cause as well as being a fan of Clarins Im sure its great to use.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! The packaging looks classy too.

melisand61 said...

I have to see this one in person. In the picture, it looks like it has at least six warm-toned shades. I would buy it on the spot if that's accurate!

Unknown said...

The colours look so pretty and perfect dor warm skintones. I had gone to a Clarins counter recently and the SA there told me that Clarins makeup was discontinued, it would have only skincare henceforth. I was wondering if that I true worldwide or whether the Indian distributors of Clarins have simply decided to stop importing Clarins makeup.