Monday, July 22, 2013

Coming Soon: Clé de Peau Beauté Extra Rich Lipstick

Clé de Peau Beauté's Extra Rich Lipstick (Rouge à Lèvres) has been reformulated, according to the Clé de Peau Beauté representative at Neiman Marcus Mazza Gallerie. It's said to be a harmony of rich color and refined texture, as stirring as a rose in bloom, as seductively soft as a perfect petal.

This elegant, moisturizing lipstick is said to infuse the lips with luxurious color, texture, and skin care for a look of radiance like never before. Newly designed for Extra Rich Lipstick, the packaging feels as luxurious as it looks. The older packaging is shown above because I can't find a photo of the new faceted tube.

Jennifer Moon, the Clé de Peau representative, gave me a sample card. With a spectrum of 30 shades in three finishes, satin, silk, and velvet, it looks intriguing. Like most Clé de Peau Beauté lip colors, the color bullet is sold separately from the case (or holder). The Refill (color) is $40, and the holder is $25. Unlike the eye shadows, you really need both for the lipsticks, making Extra Rich Lipstick a very pricey lipstick.

I took swatch photos of 103, 203, 303, and 311 - top to bottom on my arm - in full sunshine. I applied each color with a concealer brush.

These colors range from everyday shades (for me) to full-on glam color. They are very creamy and, if you look closely, carry a bit of sparkle. I didn't notice the sparkle until I used a paper towel to wipe the swatches from my arm before I washed them off. It was at that point that I saw tiny sparklies. I think they give the colors radiance without overt shimmer.

The lipsticks have not arrived. I cannot find mention of the new forumulation anywhere. I'll be pretty unhappy to learn that this information was bogus. The shade names, numbers instead of the older letter-number combination, make me think the new formulation is the real thing.

I will be the first in line to reserve 103, shown at the top of my arm. I think it's gorgeous. There are so many shades, though, I may have to see them all before I decide.

The sample card shows very tiny renditions of all the colors, grouped by category. They look gorgeous. There was no sense in trying to photograph it because the border is black. I can't wait to see the collection in person. If you would like to see what's coming, stop by your favorite Clé de Peau counter.

Update 7/27: Silly me for doubting! The lipsticks have arrived at counters, and they are gorgeous.

Photo at top courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

7 comments:

Christina said...

The colors you have on are very beautiful and I may look into them this fall. I love their lipsticks so much better then there eyeshadow sets because I find them to be too sparkly for me.

I would be upset also if the information on the reformulation is bogus also. There are times when I doubt the information I was given by SA and I share it on a beauty forum and it did appear to be bogus info. Shocking!

Eileen said...

Hi Christine,

I know what you mean about circulating unsubstantiated information, but in this case, I have the feeling that it is probably true. The promo pictures and copy are already appearing on the Asian blogs, and there was a recent CdP press event in Tokyo where Lucia Pieroni (CdP's Makeup Creative Director) announced that the lipsticks had a new formula that gave them a "rose petal" texture. Since that tidbit came straight from CdP, I think it's safe to say something was done to the formula.

Hi Charlestongirl,

It's a shame you couldn't access the promo picture of the new lipstick case just yet. It's a beauty, isn't it? Unique without being gimmicky. I'm sure I'll succumb and splurge as I'm a fan of CdP lipstick to begin with.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi you two,

I believe it. I have the fold-out. My skepticism was based only on my inability to find information anywhere online. Eileen is obviously a better detective. :)

Evelyn said...

I have never tried a Cle de Peau lipstick, maybe this should be the first time? :) The idea of a "rose petal" texture is drawing me in plus #303 looks especially pretty to me.

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn,

CdP makes a very nice lipstick, but pricey.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this information!!! I find stuff on your blog I can't find anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

The lipsticks have arrived at Nordstrom Downtown Seattle! All 30 shades! And they are Gorgeous!