Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Guerlain Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shine - Three More New Beauties Swatched

Guerlain's new Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shines ($) have been my undoing. Is it wrong to want them all? After I received my first two from the Guerlain Boutique in Las Vegas, I ordered three more, carefully comparing notes with Rhonda Heathcoat to make sure I would love them when they arrived - and I do.
  
The 20 shades of Gloss d’Enfer guarantee our lips a shimmering, radiant, and plumping finish. Maxi Shine’s oil composition creates a moisturizing barrier to ensure an intense softness. The ergonomic applicator allows for easy lip definition, more effectively evoking the hint of a smile. Additionally, each shade presents varying degrees of coverage and pigment intensity. The perfect partner for a desirable, appealing smile, Maxi Shine offers tailor-made effects for beautifully enhanced lips.

Here they are lined up like little gloss pillars. The brown #402, Browny Clap, is shown at left. The bright #440, Coral Wizz, is shown in the middle. On the right, the appropriately named #465, Bubble Gum, glows. I had specifically asked Rhonda to help me select pigmented shades. She did a great job!

I took swatch photos in full, afternoon sun. I applied the glosses to my arm with their own doe-foot applicators.

Browny Clap (where did that name originate?) is a perfect brown. When applied, it looks extremely natural - and shiny. It will give you the "my lips, but better" look. Browny Clap is the shade of lip gloss you'll want to wear to add a bit of polish to your look, but not obvious makeup.

The oh-so-lovely Coral Wizz is a pink-peach blend that is as perfect as it gets for spring and summer. How could you resist sheer, shiny, lusciously colorful?

Bubble Gum is the color of bubble gum - the kind kids love to chew. This warm pink will make a lot of lip gloss lovers very happy. I am.

As advertised, these lip glosses offer a smooth and non-sticky texture and glide onto the lips like a second skin. Guerlain says we'll forget it's even on. I can understand that, now that I'm wearing them. Composed of mineral and vegetal oils, the texture forms a protective barrier on the lips that prevents moisture from evaporating and keeps the lips soft and hydrated. It's love.

Two of these are going in my handbag. I don't want to leave home without them. Now, I'm wondering if I can resist buying all of the rest of the shades - when I win the lottery.

By this point, Guerlain's Gloss d'Enfer Maxi Shines should be at all Guerlain counters. Or you could call Rhonda at the Guerlain Boutique at (702) 732-7008. She would be glad to help you.

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Nemo said...

The Guerlain model looks like Nanette Fabray.

Charlestongirl said...

True, Nemo.

Running with Scissors said...

Browny Clap!!!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It's the russian model Natalia Vodianova (sp???). She's very young, but aren't they all?
These are so pretty. I just saw the ad in "Beauty" online mag and was completly drawn-in to their lure. I love the coral-pink shade.
Browny clap? Quite the name. Must mean something different in French! lol

Mary Ann said...

The browny clap is very pretty, are these similar to the Armani Flash Lacquer?

Anonymous said...

I am sorry but the name "Browny Clap" just sounds wrong for such a beautiful shade!

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I am in love with Browny Clap (LOL that just sounds so wrong! :P) and Coral Wizz! I may just have to choose one though and in that case, I'll go with Browny Clap. It just seems so pretty and like the perfect MLBB shade!

Bonnie C. said...

You are not wrong to want all the colors, they are beautiful! If wanting all the colors is wrong, who wants to be right?!?! :-) Thanks for sharing, beautiful photos!

Anonymous said...

love the color or browny clap, hate the name.

i'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with all the new glosses from chanel, dior, armani and guerlain. would you be able to provide a breakdown of the differences between the formulas?