Thursday, April 4, 2013

Estée Lauder Pure Color Cheek Rush in Pink Patent from the Cello Shots Collection

I knew when I saw Estée Lauder's new Pure Color Cheek Rush ($28) that, despite the brightly colored pump containers, it would be sheer. My first hint came from Tom Pecheux. "This season, I’ve been working a lot with what I call “acqua color. It’s a gentle, watery look with just a touch of bright, vibrant color."

The new Pure Color Cello Shots Collection includes the Pure Color Cheek Rush to flush cheeks with a sheer stain, a new limited-edition Pure Color Sheer Rush Lipshine, and limited-edition Pure Color Sheer Rush Glosses, which wash the lips in a pop of crystalline color to complete the look. Through revolutionary, watery gel finishes, this playful array of bright, fluid tones surprises and delights the senses with long-lasting, lightweight, and comfortable wear. I had to have one of everything, and I'm delighted with everything I purchased.

The new Pure Color Cheek Rushes are designed to brighten and excite with a lightweight, innovative, transparent gel that provides the cheeks with a pop of sheer, juicy color for a fresh-faced look. The sensational water-based formula is cool to the touch and leaves the cheeks feeling hydrated through an infusion of natural extracts and moisturizing ingredients. The shades are Techno Jam, X-Pose Rose, Hot Fuse (red), and Pink Patent. I decided to play it safe and selected Pink Patent. I knew I could go back for more once I evaluated the product and color saturation.

Pure Color Cheek Rush is packaged in a new, shade-matched, high-gloss-finish pump bottle with a silk-screened golden collar and the Estée Lauder logo. You might recoil from the container, believing that what you see is what you get. Don't! Pink Patent is the softest of pink cheek stains, which tells me that all of the colors are wearable.

I took swatch photos of Pink Patent in full, mid-afternoon sun. I was afraid the intense sunlight might wash out the beautiful pink - and it did, slightly. I swatched at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator, patting the color on. If you swipe it, you'll blend it. Then, I applied a larger swatch below, very lightly, with the same applicator, in an intensity that I would apply to my cheeks.

Pink Patent is a perfect pink for me. It's light, natural in appearance, and pretty. I am very pleased with its "blendability." I also like the pump. I can dispense just a little easily, avoiding waste.

Now that I have Pink Patent, I want a second one. I really need to go to an Estée Lauder counter. I'm drawn to X-Pose Rose.

You can find the new Cheek Rushes at Estée Lauder's Web site, where I purchased mine. I have not seen them at the Estée Lauder counters yet, but they should arrive any day. I purchased other pieces from the Cello Shots Collection, and I'll feature them as soon as I can.

Photo at top courtesy of Estée Lauder; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

ScrapgalGR said...

The description of the consistency reminds me of the LE éclat minute blushes from Clarins, last summer, which I wore to bits. I hope they will be soon available, I can't wait to see them in person!

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, ScrapgalGR. I selected this shade blind. I would like to select my second by swatching.

Deb said...

Hi CG. I was eyeballing these on Nordie's website and was put off by how intense they looked based on the packaging. Thank you for reviewing and pointing that out. Do you happen to know if they are water-proof or water-resistant? I live in Phoenix and the humidity is not as high as your area although we do get humidity in the summer during monsoon season. Regardless, when it's 115 outside, makeup melts! Just wondering if you saw any info on that. Thanks.

Charlestongirl said...

Deb, tonight I'll apply Pink Patent to my arm and then test it with water. I'll let you know here.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! Love it.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Purple Peacock. That's why I must have another. :)

Eileen said...

Like Deb, I was initially put off by the packaging which looks garish to me. Your swatches, though, show how beautiful the actual product is so it looks like I'll be taking a look at cello shots :-). I'm really having a love affair with the sheer, transparent blushes we've been seeing. I think many of us enjoy a lighter, more carefree look when the weather starts heating up. Pink Patent is a lovely shade that undoubtedly looks gorgeous with your delicate coloring.

Elena said...

that shade looks really nice and it's so wearable! I like it! the packaging also looks nice and luxurious but I wish you could see how much products is in the container...

Deb said...

Hi CG. Just wondering if you had the chance yet to test this out on your arm with water. I know you have so much spare time and nothing else to test.....ha, ha.....kidding, of course :)