Monday, April 29, 2013

Dior Diorshow Waterproof Liner in Aqua Green from the Birds of Paradise Collection for Summer 2013

Diorshow Aqua Green Waterproof Liner (#348, $29) coordinates perfectly with both of the new 5 Couleurs Haute Couture Eyeshadow Palettes in the Birds of Paradise Collection: Blue Lagoon and Peacock. I like it more with Blue Lagoon, but it's perfectly lovely with Peacock too.

I swatched it for you while I was at Neiman Marcus this past weekend. I refrained from purchasing it because I have liners this color - and love them. They can be worn alone to add color to an otherwise neutral eye, or they can be combined in any way you choose to complement the new blue and green shadows. They also look really pretty applied lightly and blurred under the lower lashes (just on the outer half of the eye).

To easily reproduce the ultra-graphic catwalk eyes, Dior introduces a very precise retractable eye pencil. Diorshow Waterproof Liner offers an exceptional glide and guarantees a perfect, long-lasting line. A collection of six vibrant colors for a high-intensity impact to complement any eye makeup. A true expert tool for a 100% smudge-proof and waterproof effect.

Diorshow Waterproof Liners are everything Dior claims. I drew a "D" on my arm in the store, then came home and photographed it. It has lost none of its luster on the way home. Then, when I tried to wash it off, it was a no-go. I had to get out the oily eye makeup remover to un-D myself.

I took my photos in full sunlight. My imperfect "D" was drawn directly on my arm, using the tester in the store.

Anyone looking for color should appreciate this shiny pastel aqua. Is it blue or green to your eyes? I see turquoise.

This liner glides on effortlessly - no tugging or pulling required. I like the way the way it's designed. I tried to show that I can draw a relatively thin line (straight side of the "D") or thicker liner easily. I could not draw an ultra-thin line, though. That takes the sharpness of a pencil that can be sharpened to a point.

Doir's Diorshow is available in other colors. Check it out at Nordstrom online.  You can find the new Dior Birds of Paradise Collection at Dior counters, and I found it online at Nordstrom. I'll show you more tomorrow.

Photo at top courtesy of Nordstrom; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

9 comments:

Virginie said...

OMG, love at first sight!!

MoonRae said...

It's a turquoise on my screen and it's gorgeous!! thanks for sharing

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Virginie,

I think it's lovely.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi MoonRae,

I think it's turquoise too. In person.

Susan said...

Hi CG,

Is this shade very close to Tarte Aqualillies Splash eyeliner?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Susan,

It's lighter. Here is Splash.

http://bestthingsinbeauty.blogspot.com/2013/03/tarte-amazonian-clay-waterproof-liner.html

Charlestongirl said...

Susan, check out The Non-Blond's photos of Chanel's True Blue 57 Stylo Yeux Waterproof Eyeliner from L'Ete Papillon de Chanel Collection. I think it is more like that one.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

I swatched this while purchasing the Coral Glow and Jelly Lip Pen and it took EVERYTHING in my power not to buy it as well (a decision I have been seriously regretting!). It was just sooo smooth and pigmented and vibrant and beautiful! Plus the swatch would not come off my hand either! It was my first experience with Dior's waterproof liners and I was impressed! I might still go back for it but I have so many other items that need buying (ahem--Guerlain!!) that I'm trying to show some restraint. We'll see how long I hold out :P

Icedcaramellatte said...

How does this compare to last year's Dior Turquoise liner? I think I bought it from the summer collection - Croisette? I think that was the name of it. Do you have that one? Thanks.