Monday, April 1, 2013

Dior Addict Lipsticks - Newly Formulated Shades

The new Dior Addict display keeps reeling me in to explore. Perhaps it's supermodel Daphne Groeneved, whose gorgeous face graces the latest Dior Addict "be iconic" campaign. Perhaps it's the array of Dior Addict Glosses. When you see the display, I'll bet you'll find yourself stopping to try something new.

Although there are 24 Dior Addict Glosses on the display, there are also eight lipsticks. This past weekend, I swatched the four Dior Addict Lipsticks ($31) at Saks Fifth Avenue. These hydrating lipsticks were inspired by the cutting-edge runway fashions of Dior to dress the lips with a veil of addicting color and spectacular shine. Seriously spectacular shine.

I swatched the four shades on the display: #433, Délice; #437, Charmante; #578, DiorKiss; and #643, Diablotine (shown directly above). I wanted all four.

These gorgeous lipsticks, which have been long-time favorites of mine offer vibrant color and shine galore. The new Dior Addict Lipstick is a declaration of love between beauty and style, color and couture, and Dior and its addicts. I guess that makes me one of those addicts.

The dazzling array offers colors that are easy to wear in a new hydrating and volumizing formula. With 25% less wax than a classic lipstick, this formula contains an extraordinary reflecting gel. The result is modern transparency, intense plumping hydration, and a magnifying glass effect to intensify shine, plump the lips and, above all, enhance color.

My swatch photos were taken in full sun just after noon. I swatched from the top of my arm to the bottom in this order: #433, Délice; #437, Charmante; #578, Dior Kiss; and #643, Diablotine.

Délice at the top of my arm is a delicate warm pink. Dior calls it a sheer, coral sheen. I don't agree that it's coral - not enough orange for that. I would love to have it. Charmante is a delicate pink. Again, I'm mystified by the description. While it looks soft coral in the tube, it's not coral on my arm or my lips. That's why it's always best to test shades in person - although I can seldom wait.

For the photo directly above, I purposely turned my arm away from direct sunlight to get more color, less shine. DiorKiss is is a sheer, medium pink, offering more color than the two shown above it. The same is true of Diablotine, called a sheer, muted poppy red by Dior. Nope! It's a sheer coral. I'd love to write color descriptions for makeup companies.

You will find a lot to love with Dior Addict Lipstick. There are many shades; the newly formulated lipsticks are offered in 48 shades. I'd love to have most of them. That's addiction.

If you want to scout the shades, you can find them at Dior counters, Dior's Web site (not the easiest to find), and Sephora. Have you purchased one yet?

Photo at top courtesy of Dior; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

25 comments:

Naeem said...

Nice collection............

Eileen said...

Those are such lovely colors. When I was ooohing and aaahing over the display, I decided to stick with the glosses because I had recently "purged" my gloss collection and needed some new ones. I've been very impressed with the hydrating, plumping, and conditioning aspects of the new Dior glosses, so I'm eager to try the lipsticks which also promise soothing hydration. I need to weed out some of my older lipsticks first, though. A new lipstick is one of the easiest ways to freshen a look :-)

Unrelated, but I hope Savannah is doing much better today. Poor kitty.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Naeem, it is a VERY nice collection. I'm totally smitten by the glosses, but every now and then, I must buy lipsticks too. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Funny, I never feel the need to weed. :)

Bellyhead said...

That advertising image is so divine! Dior Addict and Addict Extremes are some of my favorite formulas and these new colors are beautiful. Thank you, CG for these delicious swatches.

angusmum1 said...

I have never tried any of the lipsticks, they sound good as I prefer lipstick texture that is hydrating, not always easy to find. I mentioned once before that the new Clarins lipsticks are great. I had two originally now just the one in a shade called 04 Tropical Pink. I need to get a rosey nude shade, when you mention that they are a new formula do they have staying power with the increased hydration? Probably need to see them in reality although there aren't many places carrying Dior in my area. One store about 1.5 hrs away I purchased a palette last year but I know they don't carry the entire line, are these limited edition?

angusmum1 said...

I am like you CG with addiction to makeup! I just won the lip products and here I am thinking of these when what I need is to figure out what products I need and can afford. In a way I feel like Im back in University when it comes to things!! What would people recommend as I lost most of my significant makeup collection and need to start with a few versatile pieces such as eye, cheek palette, liner. Maybe this is the wrong place to post this it just occurred to me that the wealth of info here is tremendous and any ideas appreciated

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Bellyhead,

I think so too. That model is gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi angusmum1,

I would not say they have better staying power than other hydrating, sheer lipsticks.

Anonymous said...

Daphne very much has a Marilyn thing going on and with lips like those, how could you go wrong with any lip product? !!!

I'm actually curious about the nail enamels. Dior is one of the best and longest lasting nail formulas I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Charlestongirl said...

An idea, angusmum1. Wait for the new Tom Ford colors to hit the counters April 15, or buy some of the new Chanel colors, which will arrive late in the month.

If you really can't wait that long, go to the drugstore and buy interim products. L'Oreal and Revlon have some nice color.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi wwendalynne,

The nail colors repeat the lip color names. They are very, very pretty.

Charlestongirl said...

Angusmum1,

I hope you don't mind my telling people...

Her house burned down a few days ago, and she is without everything. She is trying to replace the soccer stuff she had just purchased for her son, so if you have kid soccer stuff you would like to get rid of/no longer need, please e-mail me at the blog address, and I will be the go-between. Her son is 10, and he is small.

I plan to do a quick excess makeup search and send her a little care package with her giveaway prize.

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl, I love the display photo---- it definitely draws me in! I'm not muche of a gloss person, but the lipsticks I might check out. Délice would be my favorite of the ones you've swatched here :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there, Dovey!

I want Délice too. Actually, I want them all. They are much prettier in person than in my photos. I can't seem to get the lighting exactly right outside Saks.

Anonymous said...

Do the Dior Addict lipsticks have a definite flavor? I love the color and formulation but wasn't too impressed with the taste when I tried them a couple of years ago.

Thanks

Charlestongirl said...

I don't detect any significant flavor with these. Some formulas do have flavors. Maybe Dior got the message?

Unknown said...

Wow, I need some of these - I wonder what the model is wearing - it looks so beautiful

Polarbelle said...

I really want whatever the model is wearing. I picked up a couple lipsticks and four glosses at Nordstrom the other day. Everything is gorgeous. We're in between SA's so I got next to no information, I hate to say.

Charlestongirl said...

Anneke and Shelley,

I have trouble getting info out of Dior PR. I'll ask next about the model next time I go to the counter.

Claire said...

LOL I know what you mean by color descriptions from makeup company, what's up with that? In any case, the two sheer ones are the ones I'd like to try out. Thanks for covering this.

Claire

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Oh gosh...Delice and Diablotine are definitely going to be mine. I have been meaning to try this formula for a while now--I love a nice sheer, balmy, shiny lipstick and was not totally won-over by Chanel's Rouge Coco Shines. I'm hoping Dior's Addict Lipsticks will be just what I'm looking for!

Charlestongirl said...

The model is wearing Addict Gloss #643, Diablotine.

Unknown said...

Thank you, Diablotine and a fwew others are going on my list

My Beauty Québec said...

I am totally in love with this collection. I already am a Dior addict, I find most of their products really interesting and of great quality, but this collection is top rated! It is fresh and young! I bought the nailpolishes and am going to try the lipsticks soon!