Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Guerlain Terracotta Skin from the 2013 Terracotta Collection

Delivering the corrective coverage of a foundation with the sheerness of a powder, Guerlain's Terracotta Skin ($51) allows for a flawless complexion in one step. The silky, lightweight cream powder is composed of soft-focus elastic particles that reflect light in all directions making enlarged pores, fine lines, and other imperfections less noticeable. Apply one dab of this sheer, velvety foundation and smooth it over your entire face. The result is unified, corrected skin enhanced with a healthy glow.

Terracotta Skin is available in three shades.

  • 01 Nude (new)
  • 02 Blonde
  • 03 Brunette
I had to try the new 01 Nude shade, so I was thrilled when I saw it at Neiman Marcus. 
When I tried it in the store, I was impressed. The color was perfect. Since I purchased it, I have worn (and examined) it indoors and out, and I'm stunned at how perfect the shade is for pale faces.

I consider Terracotta Skin a tinted moisturizer that offers light coverage. When you look at my swatch photos, you will see a teeny tiny cut on my arm that is visible through the blended product. It is sheer.

What thrills me about Terracotta Skin is that it's a "bronzing tinted moisturizer" that doesn't look like mud on my skin. I'll be wearing it on all of those spring, summer, and autumn days when I want some color, but don't want to look like John Boehner.

I took my swatch photos in full sun after applying a small amount of the product to my arm and blending it with my finger. You may wonder why I bothered with photos. I wanted you to see the subtle warmth and color it adds to my skin. No mud, no fake look - just a pretty tint.

Crazy to try this photography sleight of hand with such a sheer tint. I can see it. I hope you can too. Focus on how nice and gentle this tint appears on my pale skin. No one will look at me and think fake. It looks natural.

I love this little, wondrous tube! The gurus at Guerlain were on top of their game when they realized how many of us pale faces would love this product with a lighter shades. Like a contented cat, I'm purring.

Guerlain's 2013 Terracotta Collection will be available beginning in March at select locations of Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, Bloomingdale's, and Bergdorf Goodman. My local Neiman Marcus stores received the collection early - perhaps because of Beauty Event.

I talked to the Guerlain boutique in Las Vegas yestserday. They would be pleased to take your reservation for this piece or anything else from the collection. They hope to receive it this week. Give Beauty Advisor Rhonda Hethcoat (or anyone there if you can't reach her) a call at (702) 732-7008. They will put you on the reserve list.

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

12 comments:

Inês Mariano said...

Wow!! :) here's something really amazing for fair skins!
My mother has de 02 blondes, but she complains that is a little rosy for her. Even my 03 brunettes is a little brown, only use in it in June, Jully, August, on the top of my melanin!

Amazing review CC :) will you buy the other produts? like the new BB cream?

Eileen said...

I can hardly wait to try this! I know it will be said a thousand times over, but it's wonderful that lighter skin tones are finally being addressed. I'm not nearly as light as you, Charlestongirl, but even I have to exercise a very light hand when using bronzer so that I don't look fake. I can only imagine how difficult it was for you porcelain skinned beauties to get a bit of "sun".

Lori Jenkins said...

Love this! By the way, I just bought the sparkling pink highlighter blush from Guerlain (released last summer) after gawking at your photos! I love it - it's a great rosy cheek maker in the dull, cold days of winter!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi La vie en pose et rose,

I bought three and have posted two. The new BB cream has not arrived at my stores.

Charlestongirl said...

It's the first time I think I can say "perfect," Eileen.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lori,

That is so beautiful. I am amazed it's still available.

Evelyn said...

Very interesting! This seems a little less scary than the Terracotta spray I had tried back in the summer. It looked good on (when the makeup artist did it) but I'm sure I would have made a mess trying to apply it myself. lol This looks much easier and as lovely as anything Guerlain makes.

Becca @ The Beauty Sample said...

Holy good gravy--that looks SO so incredibly natural! It literally looks like you just stuck your arm out the window and lightly tanned just your wrist area!! :P I can't even imagine how gorgeous this would look on the face! I didn't think to check this foundation out--only the new Four Seasons Bronzers--but now, I think I really must!

evenstar said...

Thank you very much for your review! :-) It's so nice, that there finally is a lighter shade of this foundation. When the summer kicks in, I will definitely check it out :-)

Charlestongirl said...

Evelyn,

In the store, I rubbed the tester product right into my face, and it looked great. I took no special care, just slapped it on. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Becca,

Isn't it amazing?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Evenstar,

It will make me a little warmer for summer. The perfect no-sun lift!