Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani in Pink 525 from Jacquard Collection for Fall 2011

There are four new Giorgio Armani Beauty Rouge d'Armani shades that arrived with the Fall 2011 Jacquard Collection. My selection was Pink 525 ($30), shown at right. It's a silvery mauve pink - perfect for a lot of us, carefully aligned with fall's colors.

Rouge d'Armani is a long-lasting lipstick. It's not drying like some, although I don't get a full eight hours of wear from it (as advertised). I would have to stop talking, drinking, and eating. I don't expect eight hours of wear from any lipstick. The Rouge d'Armani lipsticks have a very soft and creamy texture. You may already know that the magnetic, snap-closure cases of Rouge d'Armani define the quiet elegance of the shades that lie within.

Here's an introduction to Rouge d'Armani from Giorgio Armani Beauty.

The lipsticks use Color-Fil technology. Giorgio Armani pioneered this breakthrough cosmetic color technology, which owes its highly innovative formula to a unique color bond agent. Color bond, the result of seven years of research and 20 patents, offers exceptional qualities of comfort, luminosity, and color intensity.

Color bond is a revolutionary polymer architecture with an exceptional property that weaves highly selected ingredients into a supple 3D matrix that adheres durably to lips. Its made-to-measure architecture, made of two “parts,” is able to unite two contrasting properties: hold and comfort. Its smooth surface optimizes light reflection, revealing a new color vibrancy.

The ingredients allow Armani Beauty to achieve the perfect formula, with exclusive emollients and "micronized" waxes that slip onto lips for a smooth, melting, comfortable application. The spherical micro-pigments fuse with the color bond agent for rich, vibrant color. There are two lightweight oils - one for perfect affinity with the lips for comfort, the other for a smooth and satin finish.

As you can see in my swatch photos, taken in full sun, but with my arm turned slightly away from the sun, the color of Pink 525 is a cool pink with slightly blue undertones. It adds a soft shimmer - a gleam, really - to my lips. On me, it's a perfect color, one I'm going to need to hoard. It offers medium coverage (I don't like opaque lipsticks very much), with enough color to light up my face and make my eyes pop blue.

As you can see from my two photos, as the ambient light increases, the shade becomes warmer, which means 525 will make a lovely transition from indoors to outdoors, leaving you with naturally pretty lips anywhere you go. That's a nice lipstick!

There are three more shades in the fall collection. Two are what Armani calls Beige: one a very light nude and the other a medium tone. There's also a Rouge shade, 406, that I swatched last weekend and showed in my shopping feature. It's too red for my face, but it will be gorgeous on anyone who can wear a vibrant red shade.

When you stop by your favorite Armani counter to check out the heart-stopping Jacquard palettes, make sure to look at the lovely new lip colors. I bought mine at Neiman Marcus.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

10 comments:

Shannon (Lipstick Musings) said...

This is a gorgeous color against your skin! I'll bet it looks just beautiful on you. :)

I'm dying to try shade 406...it's been forever since I got a red lipstick (due to summer gloss season), and when I saw the first promo pictures you had a few weeks ago, I fell head over heels for it. I have GOT to get to a counter soon!

Charlestongirl said...

Shannon, I thought about you when I saw 406! It's an extremely pretty rosy red.

luv2smilexo said...

what a gorgeous pink for fall. It looks like a tuned up mlbb shade, yum :)

Unknown said...

Looks like another item from Armani Fall that I need after all. I'm in trouble! How would you say Red 406 compares to the Chanel Byzance Rouge Allure? It's the only red in my collection (and not even a true red) and I know I need to expand. I thought they looked like they may be similar?

Charlestongirl said...

PP, since I don't "do" red lipstick, I don't have them here. Maybe someone who does could answer that.

Unknown said...

Thanks! Another question that I think you may be able to answer... how do you find 525 compares to 606? I already own 606. Your description definitely makes them seem similar as do the swatches I've seen. Knowing your taste you MUST have 606 right? ;-)

Clarisse said...

Yes, one or two lipstick too: this one and I'd love to try the 406 too...It will be G.A for me this fall, this collection is absolutely gorgeous: thank you for your great reviews, Charlestongirl:-)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Clarisse!

You will be in good hands wearing Mr. Armani's makeup. :)

If you are looking at Rouge #406, it's a beautiful rose red. Too red for my fair skin (in my opinion), but totally gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

PP, I can't find it easily, but I will. It's a Plum shade. There is a sunny photo of it on my side. Just search on the number. I will find it by the weekend. Clearly, I have too much makeup!

Unknown said...

You dont need to go through all that trouble! I'm sure they are probably quite different especially since one is classified as a pink and the other a plum. Thank you so much for trying to find it!