Sunday, May 1, 2011

NARS Laguna Multiple from Portrait of Paradise

I have been a Multiples fan for more years than I can count. I've purchased just about every color. I remember one evening when I clicked on the NARS Web site and ordered duplicates of just about every shade so that I wouldn't run out. Is that OCD?

I just bought the latest, limited-edition Laguna Multiple ($39), and it's everything I expected - and more. A beautiful, shimmering golden brown that makes a perfect bronzer, Laguna may soon have a twin at my house. How could I take the chance that it will go away forever? The shade is perfect for me - and it's part of a limited-edition, tropical collection called Portrait of Paradise. I purchased every piece of the collection.

You must know that the Multiples are multi-purpose sticks for eyes, cheeks, lips and body. Their unique, lightweight, cream-to-powder formula blends effortlessly to provide sheer color, shimmering accents, contours, and dynamic highlights for all skin tones.

For the first time, NARS has introduced its existing shade Laguna as a Multiple – perfect for highlighting, lightly contouring, or all-over bronzing. Since Laguna tilts neither warm nor cool, but straddles the middle with its neutral tone, it's going to work for many women.

My swatch photo was taken in full outdoor sun. I applied Laguna very heavily to show you the golden brown shade. Blended, it's the same shade, but much lighter. This is a multiple without pink that I can actually wear on my eyelids. It is stunning.

Does it shimmer? Yes, but not too much. I can even modulate the shimmer by applying it with a brush and blending well. The effects are glamorous. Laguna imparts that Jennifer Lopez gleam.

You can purchase the Laguna Multiple at the NARS Web site, Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, or wherever you buy NARS. Buy it while you can. We hoarders will be out there helping it sell out.

Photo at top courtesy of NARS

6 comments:

lovethescents said...

Wow that looks beautiful and practical too. Sadly, our local Sephora doesn't have this and the SAs haven't even heard of it.....and of course, NARS doesn't ship outside the US :-(

Charlestongirl said...

Bummer! Where are you? Maybe I can get one and send it to you. E-mail me.

lovethescents said...

Oh how kind!! Where is your email address??

lovethescents said...

Ignore previous post....just found it!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

It's just a bit too shimmery for me. I do love Orgasm multiple for blush and Casablanca for highlighting, tho.

Charlestongirl said...

Mama Val,

When you apply this Multiple lightly, the shimmer isn't as evident. :)