Friday, March 25, 2011

TEMPTU Undereye Concealer

I have read so many glowing reviews of TEMPTU's Undereye Concealer ($28), I finally ordered one from Sephora. Am I glad I did! It is rave-worthy.

The diamond core effectively diffuses the appearance of lines, dark circles, and any other discoloration to impart a bright, radiant, and light-reflecting look. On top of the cosmetic value, TEMPTU's Undereye Concealer is packed with vitamins A, C, E, and K, which work alongside cucumber and aloe to moisturize and smooth delicate skin, fight signs of aging, and revive tired eyes.

The concealer has a creamy consistency and applies and blends like a dream - even though it's oil-free. TEMPTU did some great lab work in achieving the creamy consistency. I've studied the ingredient list and see many hydrating and protective ingredients - nice mix. I am slightly concerned (a personal issue) about the retinyl palmitate in it. My skin is extremely sensitive to retinyl palmitate. I haven't had any immediate reactions to it - and I usually do with retinyl palmitate. Because retinyl palmitate is far down in the ingredient list, I'm hoping there's not enough in an application to make my skin complain. On the nice side, there are no parabens, sulfates, or phthalates in this concealer.

I had to guess on my color selection. Knowing that online swatches can be a "roll of the dice," I chose #104, Fair. There are eight shades - a thoughtful range. The lightest shade is #102, Porcelain. Since I wouldn't call my skin porcelain, I went with Fair, and it matches perfectly. That was a pleasant surprise.

You can purchase TEMPTU Undereye Concealer from Sephora or TEMPTU. After I purchased mine, I found that TEMPTU's site has the best color swatches.

Photo courtesy of Sephora

2 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I have it, and I like it quite a bit. Not as much as Bobbi Brown's new one, but pretty darned good to toss in my bag and have for an emergency!

Charlestongirl said...

Val, I just got the new BB one, and I am going to have to exchange it. I'm baffled. I am always a warm ivory, but it's too dark. I can tell just by looking at it.