Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Clinique Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Brand new from Clinique, Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 ($24.50) is definitely worth a look. Unlike many tinted moisturizers that come in only three shades, light, medium, and dark, and match no one, Clinique's comes in six shades. It's likely you can find one that works for you. I did (with an assist from Kathy Shoreman [aka Miss Brahms]).

Clinique says Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer will apply an instant moisture boost with SPF protection for your skin and a hint of skin-perfecting color. The refreshingly lightweight formula provides a no-makeup look and feel, yet covers imperfections with a natural, hydrating touch. It's oil-free, and you know the rest, including dermatologist tested.

Here are the six shades, and you can see they cover a wide range of skin tones. I'm happy to see that women with darker skin have options. Often, they don't need a mask of foundation. A light tint for even skin, and they are ready to go. I selected Shade 1, and it blends into my skin perfectly.You should have trouble seeing the tinted moisturizer in the swatch photo at right. I applied an unblended swatch of Shade 1 at the top. You can see that it's a yellow-toned ivory. Underneath, I applied even less product and blended with my finger. Normally, I would use a sponge or brush to blend. The Clinique tinted moisturizer "disappeared" right into my skin. It was "almost me." If you look closely at my photo, you can see how it masks the veins in my arm toward the bottom of my photo. It's sheer, but it will mask redness and small imperfections in your face.

Clinique's Moisture Surge is a nice moisturizer. Clinique has made it "even better" by giving it a tint with an SPF. Now, we have a fabulous option for days this summer when we don't want to wear a full face of makeup. I am looking forward to both summer and wearing it.

You can count on Clinique for makeup that doesn't have a fragrance (thank you!), and the price is always great. Clinique is widely available, which means all of you can find it. I got mine at Neiman Marcus. You can see Moisture Surge Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 at Clinique's Web site. I recommend you check it out. Sometimes the simple pleasures can be enormously gratifying.

Photos at top courtesy of Clinique

4 comments:

Tracy@ Beauty Reflections said...

This sounds interesting, but I wish they would have made it SPF 30.

Charlestongirl said...

Tracy, that would have been nice. I wonder if the formula would have been too goopy/opaque with more sunscreen.

Anonymous said...

It goes on a little dry. Should you add an additional moisturizer first?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I found it went on swimmingly. I wonder if your skin could be drier than mine?!