Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lancôme Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette - The Greens

Earlier in the month, I featured two of Lancôme's Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palettes ($48). You can see those features here and here. I promised to show you more, so today, let's look at Teal Fury and Jade Fever. Seems fitting, with St. Patrick's Day coming up tomorrow, and I had a special request from Annette.

To recap, each palette has a schematic on the box and on a plastic overlay within the compact to ensure you know how Lancôme intended the colors to be used. At the top, there is an all-over-base. Below, there are three color blocks, from left to right: lid color, crease color, and highlighter. At the bottom of each palette, there's a liner shade that coordinates with the other colors. I don't think you should feel constrained to use the colors the way Lancôme suggests. I'll suggest why below.

Lancôme says its new palettes provide five simple steps to contour, sculpt, and brighten your eyes. "From day to night, or soft to dramatic," you'll have what you need to customize your perfect eye look. These shadows present Lancôme's newest generation of silky luster powders for smooth application and pure, luminous color. They are said to wear for eight hours, without creasing or fading. I found that to be true.

At right are the swatch photos of Teal Fury shadows, with the liner photo below. These blue-greens are gorgeous colors. All of my photos were taken in full sun, and the shadows and liners were applied with a sponge-tipped applicator. The pink base shade, shown at the top of my arm, is a pretty, icy pink, a perfect complement to the green and blue shades that fill Teal Fury. You could use this base shade as a highlighter. The other photos were swatched left to right. There are two teal shades - a lid shade that pops and a crease shade that's subtle - basically one for every mood. The crease shade is gorgeous on the complete lower lid. It paints a teal smoky eye - love it! Why restrict its use to the crease? The blue highlighter is icy. It's a pretty shade and can be combined with the greens for a teal look on the lid. I would have to use it carefully as a highlighter, perhaps only on the center of my eyelid. I can see it applied evenly on the lower lid under the crease for a wash of shimmering blue.

Somehow I managed to forget to swatch the liner shade from Teal Fury when I took my original photo, so I went back and got a second photo to show you that the charcoal liner is very subtly shaded by teal. It's a pretty color that coordinates perfectly with the shadows in the palette. You can go "everyday" with the subtle teal and liner, or play up a snazzy look with one or more of the blue-green shades and pop your eyes with the liner. This compact allows you to create many looks.

Swinging to a more neutral, but still colorful look, Jade Fever was designed for the green lover who doesn't want to shout. I fall into that category! The top shade is a neutral golden beige. My swatch photo shows it at the top of my arm. It's a perfect base shade for the rest of the shadows in the palette. I am enormously impressed with the base shades in the Color Design palettes I purchased. They are all gorgeous and will be useful no matter what colors I layer with them.

From left to right in my swatch photo, there is a celery green lid color, a muted khaki crease shade, and a yellow gold highlighter. The liner is a deep brown to my eye. Aren't these pretty? If you wanted to get a look for St. Patrick's Day (and be able to wear it to work), this is your Lancôme Color Design palette.

Now, I have shared photos of Teal Fury, Jade Fever, Bronze Amour, and Taupe Craze. I also purchased Midnight Rush (a palette that's based on blues and greys - probably my least favorite of the bunch, even though it's very pretty). I think Lancôme has a hit on its hands. These are beautifully crafted palettes.

You can purchase these lovely new palettes from Lancôme's Web site, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Sephora (where I bought these two), and, I assume, any other Lancôme counter.

Palette photos courtesy of Nordstrom

9 comments:

waftbyCarol said...

With my brown eyes I love to wear green , must have this palette !!

lovethescents said...

Although your swatches are gorgeous, I don't think I can get away with these sorts of greens. I have a yellowy green hue to my skin colour, and my eyes are a greyish green so I need to be very careful. I'm sure they'll look beautiful on you, though!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Carol!

the "Jade" palette is one of my favorites. I think you'll love it!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi lovethescents,

You may be right about that. If you can see them at a counter, you could be sure. I can understand your reluctance, given your coloring! There are probably better shades in Color Design for you. Have you tried Bronze Amour?

Eileen said...

I've been very happy with these palettes and am not entirely sure why one young blogger was complaining so much about poor pigmentation--perhaps because they're not MAC? I know, a bit snarky, right? ;-)

Lovethescents,

Because my eyes are a deep, warm, moss green, the visiting MA promptly showed me Coral Crush and Sienna Sultry. Their warm tones are opposite my eye color on the color wheel so they really make the green pop! If you do well with the more traditional pinks and purples for green eyes, there are also some beautiful palettes that would look stunning with light green eyes. Lancôme really did an excellent job with this collection and made sure there was something for just about everyone.

Pam said...

Oh My Goodness!!! I am so in love with the Jade Fever. I have to have it now.
Any recs on a good lid primer...I seem to have a lot of trouble lately keeping my shadow on...particularly the Lancomes.
Funny, but the Guerlain Ecrins stick like glue. I wonder why that is?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen,

Poor pigmentation? Au contraire! You just never know what people are using for their yardsticks.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Pam,

I use a discontinued Stila primer, but for making shadows stay in place, a new-ish one by NARS is excellent.

Annette McCormick said...

Thanks for posting these swatches! :) Jade Fever is right up my alley. I'm going to check it out this weekend when I go to the mall. I purchased bronze amour (because of your review) and coral crush a few days ago and I love them.