Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! Weekend Roundup - January 1, 2011

As we say "thank you" to you, our loyal readers and friends, we also say "goodbye" to 2010 and reflect on some of the best, worst, and most reliable products that have graced our lives. Cheers to 2011 and everything wonderful and exciting in beauty for the new year!

Getting ready for a special New Years party? Sabrina from The Beauty Look Book will help you find that perfect metallic nail color. Maybe you can help her decide which one she should wear for her party!

Jane from Daly Beauty showed us one of her all-time favorite lip glosses that has beautiful color and plumps the lips. Now LipFushion is in pretty holiday packaging, making it all the more lust-worthy.

A few weeks ago, Debbi from Diva Debbi spoke about the popular non-invasive procedure Ultherapy. Now you can read her interview with Dr. Salzberg and view her personal results. You may want to call your doctor immediately!

Jennifer from Beauty Xposé ended the year with her best and worst of fashion trends from 2010. See if jumpsuits, sweater dresses, and more made her list of bests or worsts. It makes me wonder what 2011 trends will be.

Charlestongirl from Best Things in Beauty is taking a bit of a hiatus this week, but she hasn't left us without a perk. She's giving away THREE Giorgio Armani Rouge d'Armani Lipsticks! Sign up today to win one.

Maybelline has a new line of products called FIT. Kelly from Gouldylox Reviews bought the foundation and shared her results. Does this drugstore brand live up to her expensive department store tastes?

Looking to add volume and luster to your hair? Kari from Fab Over Forty shared her go-to hair-care line. Kerastase Volumactive is a product line that has been in her beauty routine for a long time. See why it's one of her favorites.

Amy from Café Makeup always shows us great beauty comparisons. This week she shared Chanel's newest Spring 2011 Collection nail polish in Black Pearl. Will this new shade become another one of Chanel's cult classics?

What better perfume aficionado is there than Gaia from The Non-Blonde? No one! See what she has determined to be the best perfumes of 2010 as we say goodbye to the decade.

Happy New Year!

P.S. I got home yesterday afternoon. I'm not strong enough yet to answer e-mails, but want everyone who wrote to know how much I appreciate you! Hope you have a glorious new year!

Photo courtesy of karachicorner.com

9 comments:

Lisa S. said...

Happy New Year to you Charleston Girl! Such great news to hear that you are home. I bet those kitties are so glad to have you back. I hope that your recovery is going well and that you are feeling better each day. Take care of yourself and rest.

All the best to you in 2011!!

Pam said...

We're here for you Charleston Girl...patiently waiting in the wings for your return.
Blessings in the New Year and a speedy and successful recovery.

Unknown said...

I hope you get to feel better very soon :) Happy New Year!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Lisa and Pam! And thank you so much. Charlie hasn't left my side - he's obviously glad to see me. :)

I must be getting a tad better. I can't stop reaching for my iPad!

Happy New Year!

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Anna. Today was the first day when I had some time without measurable pain. Must be progress! Happy New Year!

Eileen said...

Here's wishing you a new year that is filled with a speedy recovery and good health, love and friendship, peace, joy, and happiness.

Happy New Year, Charlestongirl.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Eileen! Thank you! Happy new year to you! Right now, I'll be happy with that speedy recovery. I wasn't prepared for the pain level.

Fortunately, I have my little fuzzy buddy at my side. He "helps." :) Charlie wants my full attention. Think he got needy while I was gone?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi ne-knopka! I hope 2011 makes your dreams come true!

an ika said...

Thanks,Charlestongirl