Friday, September 17, 2010

Rouge Dior Haute Couleur Voluptuous Care Lipstick

Dior has matched its 32 new lipstick shades with vintage Dior gowns, and the results are stunning. I stood at the display at Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie and selected two - just two - shades with Risa Levenson. Had I felt rich, I could have selected 10!

Rouge Dior Haute Couleur Voluptuous Shine Lipstick ($30) is an ultra-nourishing, long-wearing formula, available in every color of the lipstick spectrum. This extraordinary lipstick does what most long-wearing lip colors do not. It dresses your lips in voluptuous color, while simultaneously providing definition, moisture, and nourishment. It feels good!

Dior's studies showed that 89% of women who tried it had more hydrated lips, and 96% reported more precisely defined lip lines. I assume that the latter finding results from the high level of pigment in the shades. They are intense without being opaque - if that makes sense. There's gloss to the color.

Each lipstick is luxuriously packaged in the House of Dior's signature Cannage pattern, with a jeweled Christian Dior emblem. The design meets my expectations for presentation of a luxury product.

I played with the shades at the counter, even taking my swatched hand and wrist over to the windows to ensure that the colors I saw in the store's lighting were true. I love both of the shades I purchased.

Shown at left are #551, Pink Cocotte, at top and #678, Devilish Pink, below. Both are clearly pink, one warm and one cool. Now I want more! I've got my eyes on about three of them - another reason to visit Mazza this weekend, don't you think?

You can see many of these gorgeous lip colors at Sephora. You can see them all at Neiman Marcus. I don't know why I can't find them at the Neiman Marcus Web site; they are in the stores!

Photos at top courtesy of Sephora

13 comments:

Goya said...

New Lipsticks of Rouge d'Armani of the fall collection #602, #603, #604 do this as well, they are incredibly long-wearing, yet very comfortable on the lips and hydrating. They are not opaque, yet, without any shimmer. The colors are hands down gorgeous.

Charlestongirl said...

Ditto, Goya! Those shades are gorgeous. The whole Uptown Mauve Collection is to-die-for. :)

My problem is that I can't limit myself to one line. I think it's called "addiction."

Eileen said...

Marina at Beauty4All did a post on these lipsticks on August 21. At the end of the post is a link that will take you to a Russian blog that shows each one of the 32 dresses paired with the lipstick that was inspired by it. It's a gorgeous presentation and I strongly encourage everyone to take a look. Stunning! Absolutely stunning!

Eileen said...

I forgot the URL! Duh!!!

http://beautyinsider.ru/2010/07/16/rouge-dior-all-shades-photos/

Charlestongirl said...

Thank you, Eileen! I was having one heck of a time trying to find it. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Wow! It's taking some time to load, but it's AMAZING. Now I think I'm back up to wanting 10 of them.

Eileen said...

I bet it's fun to see the dresses that were the inspiration for the colors you selected. 551 is sheer drama and 678 is a bubbly confection.

Clarisse said...

Eileen, thank you for mentionning the link, it's absolutely stunning, I agree with you!

Charlestongirl said...

What's most interesting to me is that the colors on my skin don't telegraph the dresses that match. However, I'm inspired by the concept. Dior should have a look book at the counters!

Goya said...

You said: "My problem is that I can't limit myself to one line. I think it's called "addiction.""

I don't see any problem here, I also share this kind of "addiction".:)

I own different brands as well. As for Dior-each time I've tried their lipstick-it always was a disappointment: the colors are not sophisticated enough, they look a bit cheap (this is of course my opinion :)), though I'm always willing to give a chance to a new line!

Charlestongirl said...

LOL, Goya! Stick with what you love. I am an Armani groupie, so I totally understand.

Eileen said...

Talk about addictions, Armani, Clé de Peau, Chanel, Dior, Edward Bess, Guerlain, Le Métier de Beauté, YSL--I love them all. I guess that makes me a very indiscriminate beauty junkie! At least, thanks to you lovely ladies who blog and those of you who comment, I know I'm not alone :-)

Charlestongirl said...

I am loving it, Eileen! If we have love something that makes us feel good, our addiction to quality, beauty, and the magic of exceptional products, is not only harmless (except, possibly, to our retirement accounts), it's helpful. We are doing our part to stimulate the economy!

You are not indiscriminate. You recognize the very best. I would love to go shopping with you. I have an uncanny knack I suspect we share. I can scan a display with no prices, select my favorite item, and - more often than not - it's the most expensive. My frugal mother detected this when I was a kid. To this day, I'm not sure whether it's a liability or an asset. :)