Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Would You Wear This?

One of my rare off-topic posts...

Stella McCartney, a respected designer and daughter of Paul McCartney (which means you have to love her), focused on ruffles and color in her Spring 2010 Ready-to-Wear Collection. I was browsing a magazine last night and came across a ruffled top, which left me wanting to see the rest of the collection. That's when I came across this photo on Style.com.

Stella, what were you thinking? Would you wear this tent yourself?

Photo courtesy of Style.com

5 comments:

Closet Fashionista said...

I would with a belt or something, because its pretty, just big, haha.
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Charlestongirl said...

LOL! Can you see the fabric bunched under that belt? Might look like the top of a funnel cloud.

Unknown said...

this would be awesome for someone extremely tall and extremely skinny- think Gisele Bundchen or any other model. Victoria Secret website used to have a bunch of similar looking dresses on their website in the last few years. Of course maxis look great on tall models. Since I am 5 ft tall, i could probably use all that material and make 3 smaller dresses out of it ;)

Clarisse said...

Oh no I would not and I guess Stella would not either...As you say it is more a tent than a dress, so maybe at the sea-side, on a beach, after a day in the sun...:-)

Charlestongirl said...

LOL! There's just too much fabric! I am 5'5", and I would be dwarfed too. I like the length and color. If she had taken a foot off either side, it might be cute - in my humble opinion.