Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color

I'm turning into a Shiseido collector! I now own multiples of several shades of Luminizing Satin Face Color ($30). That makes me a collector, right? All of them are delightful!

Characterized by its silky-smooth finish, Luminizing Satin Face Color imparts beautiful, subtly radiant color with just one swirl of the brush. It's available in both blush and highlighting shades, so you can use more than one to add depth, always with glowing results.

This wonderful pressed powder is available in six "regular"shades - four healthy, rosy blushes and two multipurpose highlighters - and three limited-edition shades that were released with Dick Page's Ocean Collection for Summer 2010.

The color lasts on my face all day. That's nice. No mid-day pale face here! There are the obvious shades for me, such as RD10 Petal (the one Renato Almeida, Shiseido's National Makeup Artist chose for me), and RS30Tea Rose, and not-so-obvious choices, like OR308 Starfish, and GD809 Shell. Then there are the gorgeous highlighters, PK107 Medusa, and BE20 Soft Beam Gold. I love them all! As with all of Shiseido's makeup products, this face powder/blusher contains ingredients that are good for your skin, something we don't always consider when selecting a blusher or highlighter.

Next time you go shopping, stop by a Shiseido counter and check these out. Don't pay any attention to how the colors look in the pan. Try them! You will be surprised. I was. You know how makeup artists recommend that women with fair skin use blushers a few shades darker then their skin as bronzers? Shiseido's GD809 Shell works perfectly for me! It's gorgeous. It gives me such a pretty complexion, and because it's sheer, it only takes a few swipes, and I look sun-kissed.

You can find Shiseido makeup and skin care at Macy's, Nordstrom, Bloomindale's, Sephora, and, of course, Shiseido's Web site.

A few of these were sent to me by the company. I purchased a bunch of them myself. That makes me an addict, right? Err, I mean collector. I prefer the term "collector."

Photo courtesy of Macy's

4 comments:

Charlestongirl said...

Thought readers would enjoy an e-mail I got!

"You're not an addict...just an enthusiast!"

Clarisse said...

With me, it makes two and I don't mind being an addict if it is Shiseido products!I am also enthusiastic at collecting their skin products which are simply wonderful:-))

Charlestongirl said...

I have some samples of skin care I got from Sephora, Clarisse. I can't wait to try them! I've held off because I was testing an few other new products, and I like to know "what's what."

Leah said...

I also just bought a Luminizer and I'm in love with it! Been using shiseido for over 20yrs and this is another one of the stellar products I can't live without.

~Leah
(http://simplesplendidthings.wordpress.com/)