Monday, June 7, 2010

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm by COLORSTAY

This new lip color is so cool! As a rule, I'm not a lip stain fan. While stains do provide long-lasting color, they make my lips appear matte (not my favorite look) and feel dry. Revlon just changed that with Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm ($8.99)!

One end of Just Bitten has the lip stain felt-tip marker applicator, and the other end has a lip balm. There are 10 appealing colors. I'll bet you can find one for your skin tone. I selected Twilight and Beloved. Both were a little darker than I expected. With no testers, it's kind of hard to choose (and yes, they are sealed, so you can be sure your new lip color is sanitary). I may go back and get a few more since CVS has a buy one, get one for 50% off special right now. That and one of the Revlon coupons from a magazine will get you a great price!

The color is what you would expect from a lip stain: fairly intense and matte. Make sure to apply it evenly. Then, just turn the pen over, apply the balm over it, and you have a subtle shine! The effect is really nice. The color of the stain has serious staying power. Any lip color that can survive a bagel with cream cheese is long-lasting! The balm doesn't hang around that long, but the stain does. I'm a balm addict anyhow, so I just reapply any balm when I'm on the go.

Revlon's new lip stain contains vitamin C for antioxidant protection. The marker allows precise application, taking away any need for a lip pencil, and the lightweight, translucent balm melts on the lips perfectly for a smooth, smudge-free application. The balm leaves my lips feeling moist and creamy. There is no real flavor in this lip color, which is good from my perspective. So many drugstore lip products have flavor or fragrance - both of which I dislike.

The verdict? I am in "serious like" with Just Bitten Lipstain + Balm! It's a nice low-cost addition to my lip color "wardrobe."

You can find it at any mass market drugstore or grocery store where you buy Revlon products.

Photo courtesy of Revlon

No comments: