Wednesday, June 9, 2010

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream

I have been searching for the "perfect silver cream eye shadow." I think I found it! MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream ($22) is a highly pigmented, long-lasting, waterproof cream that can be used as an eye shadow, as well as a cheek and lip color. It's available in 22 shades! Certain shades are formulated for use on eyes and cheeks, while others are fit for use on lips and cheeks.

Some of them are bright colors I would never wear (for example, Emerald Green), but a few are must-haves. My new Silver (#3) is one of those.

Aqua Cream combines the highest-quality pigments with mother of pearl particles to give immediate, rich color payoff with a luminous finish in just one application. MAKE UP FOR EVER says its long-lasting formula will not crease or smudge under the most extreme conditions, and its creamy and elastic texture allows for easy blending.

I purchased Silver (true silver shimmer) and Taupe (taupe brown shimmer) from Sephora. I was smitten with both, so I placed a second order for Gold (yellow gold shimmer) and Warm Beige (champagne shimmer). I am still tempted by Golden Copper (soft copper shimmer). You can see all the shades at this Sephora link.

These creams, when used as eye shadows, last all day with very little movement. A teeny tiny bit collects in the crease, but that's an issue I have with most cream shadows. I can live with it as long as even pigment stays on my eyelids too.

Aqua Cream is easy to "over apply" if you go straight from the pot to your eyelid using your finger. I found that it's best to put some in my palm and then pick up the color with a cream shadow brush. That works perfectly. It also works well to go from an intermediate stop on my palm to my eyelid with my finger. In either case, I work quickly because it starts to dry in my palm. Remember, it takes very little of the cream to produce intense color on the eyelids.

Warm Beige and Gold haven't arrived yet. I can't wait to try them. Maybe tonight?

You can find MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Cream at Sephora. It has garnered rave reviews, so it's safe to say it's a hit!

Photo courtesy of Sephora

6 comments:

Elizabeth Donskaya said...

ur making me what to shop! stop that! lol

Charlestongirl said...

Oh, just a peek. I'll bet you are going to find one color you need. :)

Clarisse said...

You are so right, the colors are very pretty and last ....forever (like their make-up in general, be sure to use a very good make-up remover) I love the gold ones too but I've resisted so far because I've already fallen for the golden Shiseido Hydro-powder eye-shadows and the Shu-uemura lately....

Resham said...

i m so gona order that gold one..coz, I am sucker for GOLDS...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi, Clarisse,
I have the Shiseido one too! We have very similar tastes, I think. :) It's gorgeous.

Hi Resham!
I'll comment when my Gold one arrives. I can't wait! I adore gold shadows. The shade is great on most skin colors. I wear my gold Undressed Beige (odd name) from Dior every week.

Charlestongirl said...

The Gold came, and it is drop-dead gorgeous!