Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jo Malone Orange Blossom Fragrance Chronicle

Just as my lust for Jo Malone's Red Roses Fragrance Chronicle had turned to enduring love, Jo introduced two new Fragrance Chronicles! The minute I saw Jo Malone's new Orange Blossom Fragrance Chronicle ($95), I bought it! Orange Blossom is one of my favorite Jo Malone fragrances. I spray the cologne on my body, bathe in the Bath Oil, and slather my body with Orange Blossom Body Cream.

The Orange Blossom Fragrance Chronicle tells the story of a deliciously sweet, yet totally refreshing, floral fragrance. Inspired by the scent of flowers flooding through open windows from the beautiful gardens of a Beverly Hills hotel, Orange Blossom Fragrance Chronicle is a pure delight. This elegant composition blends orange flower, water lily, and lilac with the warm undertones of orris and the balsamic nature of Haitian vetiver to create a fragrance that delicately blooms on the skin.

The Orange Blossom Fragrance Chronicle contains Orange Blossom Cologne (30ml), Clementine Flower Cologne Accord (9ml), Orriswood Cologne (9ml), and the White Lilac Cologne Accord (9ml) and comes creatively packaged in a storybook gift box.

Orriswood is a pure woody fragrance. It smells like fresh-cut cedar to me. It is composed of Haitian vetiver, orris (the fragrant root of iris) and - shudder - patchouli. It's sultry on its own, and combined with Orange Blossom, it adds a woody smoothness that's unique. I actually like it!

Clementine is fascinating. It doesn't smell like the fruit to me. Instead it reminds me of crushed leaves combined with a bit of pith. This is one I wouldn't wear on its own - but combined with Orange Blossom, it adds a green crispness to the fruity floral. My chronicle "book" tells me it is composed of the zest from fresh peels of mandarin oranges, balanced with bright white flowers.

White Lilac can only be described as heavenly and addictive by a floral fragrance lover. It is soft, pretty, and feminine. I wish it were available by the quart. I could live in it. It has notes of lilac and freesia, with hints of bergamot and blackberry.

So many combinations - so little time! If you love Jo Malone's Orange Blossom, you are going to covet the Orange Blossom Fragrance Chronicle.

In case you are interested, the other new Fragrance Chronicle is Nectarine Blossom and Honey ($95). Why are they doing this to me? I love Nectarine Blossom and Honey, and so this one has gone on next month's budgeted to-buy list.

The Nectarine Blossom & Honey Fragrance Chronicle tells the story of a delicious, fruity fragrance. Inspired by an early morning visit to London's Covent Garden Flower Market, a sweetly scented oasis in the heart of the city, this youthful scent wraps the notes of enticing fruits and delicate spring flowers in the warmth of acacia honey.

The Nectarine Blossom & Honey Fragrance Chronicle contains Nectarine Blossom & Honey (30ml), Acacia Blossom Cologne Accord (9ml), Vetiver Haiti Cologne Accord (9ml), and the Cassis Cologne Accord (9ml).

Either one would make a beautiful gift. Or you can treat yourself like I did!

Photos courtesy of Jo Malone

No comments: