Sunday, March 14, 2010

Benefit Sugarbomb

This crazy collecting blogger has some great new blushers, and Benefit's Sugarbomb ($28) is among them. It's the bomb!

Marketed as a "sugar rush flush" facial powder, Sugarbomb has four unique shades of rose, shimmering pink, soft plum, and peach. Blended together, the blush leaves a rosy pink with a touch of peach on my cheeks. The color is buildable, which I appreciate. One swirl for me, and I am wearing enough. Others with darker skin might want to apply a second coat.

Sugarbomb has a slight shimmer, but not so much that I would avoid wearing it to work. I wore it to work a few days this week, and I was very pleased with the results. I liked the color, and I liked the fact that I could see it - unfaded - when I got home from work. We can add "workhorse" to its list of praises.

I love multi-colored blushers. They seem to leave a depth of color on the face that single shades can't match. Of course, this blusher collector possesses and wears single-color blushers (the Armani Beauty ones, such as #10, are incomparable), but I'm smitten with those that blend shades. That's why I was attracted to Sugarbomb, which I ordered online before I had seen it.

Do you purchase blushers because of the brush? Hope not because this one's as useless as most of the brushes that come prepacked in blushers. Please don't misunderstand; it works. It's just not an ideal way to apply Sugarbomb. If you are on the go, however, you may find it useful, tucked into the top of the box and separated from the product by a plastic lift-out divider. Otherwise, you can use this one to keep your keyboard clean.

You can purchase Benefit from the Benefit Cosmetics Web site, Sephora, Macy's, or wherever you find a Benefit Cosmetics counter. Yesterday, Sephora sent me an offer to select a deluxe sample without giving up 100 points. I chose a sample of Benetint, one of Benefit's most-fabulous products. Use code CHOOSEME to see what's available.

Photo courtesy of Sephora

No comments: