Friday, September 11, 2009

Bobbi Brown Makeup Brushes

I'm on a Bobbi Brown roll - a brush roll! Bobbi Brown makes some of my favorite makeup brushes. Here are some Bobbi Brown brushes I would recommend to anyone and everyone - and can't live without.

There is quite an array of brushes for powder shadows. The new Angle Eye Shadow Brush ($28) appeared with the Ivy League Collection. It is great for adding powder shadow to the outer lid and contouring. I really like this new addition.

The Eye Shader Brush ($30) is designed to apply shadow from lashes to brow and makes the task fast and easy. The regular Eye Shadow Brush ($28) is fabulous. The Bobbi Brown Web site says can this shadow brush can be used with the cream shadows, but I wouldn't - I prefer the Cream Shadow Brush described below. The Eye Sweep Brush ($30) is made for those of us who like to pick up a conservative amount of product. The Eye Blender Brush ($30) is a multitasker since you can use it to blend shadows seamlessly and also apply setting powder over concealer. There are more shadow brushes available for powder shadows, but these are my essentials.

For your cream shadows, nothing beats the Cream Shadow Brush ($28). This is the perfect brush for applying the new Metallic Long-Wear Cream Shadow and the original Long-Wear Cream Shadows. I use this brush with all of my cream shadow brands, and the application is always fast, easy, and even. These brushes pick up just the right amount of product. Love them so much I bought three!

The Touch Up Brush ($28) has a special place in my heart. I use it every day to apply my eye shadow primer. It's also ideal for use with concealer and other cream products. The size makes it perfect for those hard-to-reach places on your face.

So far, we've only covered eyes! There are plenty of cheek brushes. My favorite is the Face Blender Brush ($40 and shown to the right), which was designed to be used with Shimmer Brick Compacts, but is also a great applicator for blushers and bronzers. Of course, the Powder Brush ($60), a bit more pricey, is a light, fluffy applicator for powder, and it sets makeup beautifully. The Foundation Brush ($35) is perfect for liquid or cream foundations. I use it most often for cream blushers.

If you use palette lip colors, you must have the Retractable Lip Brush ($25) - no messy fingers to apply your lipstick, and no mess afterwards.

There are many other brushes, a specialty for Bobbi Brown, and they all work well. What else would you expect from one of the world's best makeup artists? If you add up all the prices for my favorite brushes, your grand total will be expensive. You need to consider, though, that these brushes will last forever if you take good care of them (and clean them now and then!). I buy one every time I have a few extra dollars to spend on my brush collection.

Bobbi Brown offers brush sets, which you can see at this link. The Basic Brush Collection ($175) is shown in the picture above. Also, some of the limited-edition makeup sets come with brushes, which is a great way to expand your collection.

You can see and purchase all of the Bobbi brushes at the Bobbi Brown Web site and at major department stores (for example, Saks, Nordstrom, and Neiman Marcus). These are superb brushes. Remember: take good care of them, and they will last for decades.

Photo courtesy of Bobbi Brown.

No comments: