Monday, August 17, 2009

Clinique All About Eyes Concealer

Clinique's All About Eyes Concealer ($15.50) does its job well for a very reasonable price. I have been using this under-eye concealer for several years, and I can give it a definite thumbs up.

Described by Clinique as a liquid concealer, it's certainly a thick liquid. More like cream in a tube, the concealer provides great coverage and moisturizes as it provides camouflauge for dark circles and other annoyances. It also helps reduce puffiness. It lasts all day on me, and unless I put on too much, which is easily remedied with a brush, Q-tip, or my finger, it does not settle into any fine "smile lines."

I put a tiny amount into my palm and then pat it on with my fingertip, blending as I go. I use it over eye cream, but I make sure to apply the eye cream about an hour earlier than the concealer when I can. However, I have mixed it with eye cream with good results. When I put on my foundation after the concealer, I use the brush or sponge to blend them together so there is no line of demarcation.

I don't use this concealer over my eyes - just under. I use an eyeshadow primer over, so there's no need. I also think it may be a bit too moisturizing to use as a primer.

Available in seven shades from Clinique.com or at department stores, it suits all but the darkest skin. This is one of my favorite Clinique products, so I always buy two when I need one. It seems that everything I like gets a makeover at some point, and I want to be prepared in case it disappears. I like it that much!

Photo courtesy of Clinique.

No comments: