Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lierac Hydra-Chrono


Oh, how I love Lierac's Hydra-Chrono line! I use both the Anti-Aging Hydration Extreme Balm and the Anti-Aging Hydration Comfort Cream. I tend to use the Comfort Cream in the warm months and the Extreme Balm in the cold months. Of course, even in the heat of summer, if I feel dry, I reach for the Balm, which includes botanical oils of apricot and safflower.

Available at CVS in stores and online ($50) and Beauty.com, both products have a very slight rose scent that smells great on application and then disappears - perfect for those of us who don't really like scents left behind from any product other than a fragrance we have selected. Both products are filled with moisturizing agents that are a perfect complement to an anti-oxidant that, when used alone, may not provide as much hydration as we need. Hydra-Chrono includes many plant-derived ingredients, including red micro-algae and natural amino acids, that please those of us who are fans of products like Darphin. For those who prefer less oomph, there is a Hydra-Chrono Anti-Aging Hydration Refreshing Fluid.

I also use the Gentle Makeup Remover Lotion, which, true to its name, is gentle and comes in a pump bottle. Easy to use and easy on the skin!

This is a really nice line, better known in Europe than the U.S. CVS hopes to change that, with Lierac available in their Healthy Skincare (upscale) stores. There are products for all face and body needs. They are priced mid-range, so it won't break the bank to give one a try.

Photo courtesy of CVS.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love both the Comfort Cream and the Balm Extreme - they have a plush, velvety texture that is different from the usual suspects - no shea butter, no mineral oil, not ultra greasy - but moisturizing none the less. I'd say the texture is what's known as fucal, or fucus-y - think algae, think aloe. That is what I like about hydrators such as hyaluronic acid, etc. They don't have to be greasy and pore-clogging to hydrate and it isn't the same old ho-hum glycerin! Love the pink color and has great dressing table appeal as well!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anonymous,

I never thought about that. Not only feels good, but looks good! Thanks for contributing.

Anonymous said...

Hydra-Chrono Balm is all-time favorite moisturizer, but I just strayed and purchased their Creme Mesolift which has really brightened my skin in the last 3 days since I started using it. Highly recommend it! I bought it at Duane Reade in Manhattan.

Charlestongirl said...

Hey there,

I am in the middle of a trial of the Creme Mesolift, and so far, I really like it! I would agree on the brightening effect, and I think my skin looks fresher in the morning (I am using it at night over my treatment products).

Thanks for that feedback! It's nice when I can collect real-life data.