Friday, July 3, 2009

Kinerase Under Eye Rescue


Is there a perfect eye cream? Probably not, but I have found one that comes pretty close. I'd love to know what you think!

I have been using Kinerase Under Eye Rescue for quite some time. It is designed with the active ingredients Kinetin (treats the visible signs of aging), Eyeseryl Tetrapeptide (helps alleviate the appearance of under-eye circles), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3 (helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles), Aloe Vera (soothes the skin).

Does it moisturize the eye area (over and under) without creeping into my eyes? Does it reduce the appearance of tiny wrinkles? Absolutely, and it does these things well! Does it banish dark circles? I'm not sure. Dark circles are caused by many things, but most often they are from tiny capillaries exposed by thin or translucent skin. Can you fix that? Yes, but I'm not sure many of us want to develop fat pads or puffiness under our eyes to hide the capillaries. I have read that Vitamin K works, and there is some evidence that laser treatments work.

How about you? What is your favorite eye cream and why? I'm always on the hunt for a new one to try.

Photo courtesy of Sephora.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eye Creams! Such a hazard - you don't want the ones that cause milia - those white bumps beneath or near the eye from clogged pores. I have found many rich eye creams that promise miracles deliver milia. I have not used this eye cream but i know Kinerase is a respected brand. I love Wexler 3-in-1 Intensive Eye repair, which functions similarly to kinerase, as it addresses three separate anti=aging issues in the eye area. I do love novelty delivery systems, with the ball=bearing or balm stick application method (Garnier, Juvena and Vichy), and have heard good things about LaMer. I have used Redermic and Active C Eye by LaRoche Posay, both great, and know people who swear by Chanel.

Charlestongirl said...

Beautiful Makeup Search wrote up an interesting eye cream yesterday. Check out her posting at: http://www.beautifulmakeupsearch.com/beauty-blog/2009/7/3/all-about-the-eyes-skinceuticals-age-eye-complex.html

Anonymous said...

I actually tried this eye cream - i had a deluxe sample a friend had given me - and surprisingly, it burned! I applied it after I'd washed and toned my face, right before bed, and I thought I could forge through the sensation but couldn't.. I had to swipe it off with some cleansing water and cotton and put on some La Mer the Balm to soothe (also from that same friend!) - I am guessing it was the Kinetin as I usually use an eye cream with vitamin C - Redermic Eye, and Wexler's 3-in-1 intensive eye repair. I'd be interested in your opinion as to what you think caused the burning! I was bummed as it seemed like such a fantastic product.

Charlestongirl said...

Wow...I have no idea! I sure wouldn't repeat-use anything that burned me. You never know what ingredient or set of ingredients might cause a reaction in sensitive skin. There are some ingredients that are known to cause burning or allergic reactions, such as retinyl palmitate. I read the ingredient lists of all products before I buy them to ensure that none of "my irritants" are included. You can't rely on the marketing claim "safe for sensitive skin."